Saturday, 5 July 2014

Review: MAC Girl About Town



Girl About Town is one of those MAC lipsticks that everyone speaks highly of but not many people actually own. It has an Amplified finish which means that the colour is very intense. When I was in the store I originally wanted to try if Rebel (another fan favourite) would suit me, but as I had it swatched on my lips I felt like although pretty, the colour wasn't what I wanted. It wasn't until later that my eyes caught sight of Girl About Town and after swatching the colour I decided to take it home! I've been using it very regularily since. 




Girl About Town is described as a bright fuschia, but I feel like it's almost more of a raspberry colour in some lights. It pulls a bit too warm on me to call it a true fuschia, but it's still cool toned enough where it can get away with being hot pink in most lights.

This is a very creamy, very opaque lipstick. This became evident when I swatched it (this swatch was made in one single swipe). The lipstick - although creamy - isn't prone to feathering or smearing and leaves a stain. 








Girl About Town easily wears for 6 hours on me and can survive a meal as long as you're careful. Of course, almost no lipstick will survive anything greasy since grease will remove almost all make-up but when this lipstick does fade away it does so evenly and leaves behind a stain. 


Final Verdict




This is a beautiful, high quality lipstick that plays well with a lot of different skintones and undertones. It's opaque, comfortable to wear and the wearing time is very good. You can buy Girl About Town in any MAC store or department stores that have a MAC section, or online at a reliable website for £15.50

10 comments:

  1. This looks so nice! I already have Nars Yo though, and I don't feel like I wear fuchsia often enough to have more.


    It looks great on you though. And I like your bangs :)


    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bangs! Also, I think the lipstick shape says it all - it seems to be well loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariƫlle M.6 July 2014 at 10:32

    Wow prachtige kleur!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It is indeed, I try to not pick favourites too much since I adore all of my lipsticks but this one definitely gets a bit more love sometimes, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Ah I can see how if you've already have a high quality lipstick in a similar colour that it would be a bit unnecessary to buy this one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staat je prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.rachelkromdijk.blogspot.nl13 July 2014 at 23:06

    love this color you look stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous shade! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. pefect kleurtje voor je wauw <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Girl About Town. It's one of my go-to shades and it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete