Saturday, 10 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 9: Pretty Healthy





Today's look seems deceptively simple, but when you're used to working double shifts like I am it can be a challenge not to look haggard! Especially when your skintone is basically 50 shades of vampire all year long. I focused on glowing, healthy skin and paired it with glossy coral-pink lips and understated eyes.





 

I didn't do much with my eyes, just a bit of tightlining between the lashes and a few coats of mascara, that's it. On my lips is a L'Oreal Paris glossy stain in Rose Symphony. The only gloss I own that I actually wear frequently, it lasts for a few hours and then leaves a pretty stain behind. A bright-but-not-too-bright colour like this can bring a lot of life to the face.





To fake a healthy glow I used a liquid highlighter and mixed it with my primer, I then proceeded to put my face make-up over it as usual. I used a warm, coral cream blusher on my cheeks and made sure to contour them as well, for extra definition.

I wanted glowy sking but not a shiny face, so I dusted some mattifying powder over my T-zone, jawline and chin to take the shine away but keep the glow.







Product List



Eyes:

Catrice Mascara
Catrice gel liner (discontinued)



Eyebrows:

Glycerine
Lorac Pro (Mauve)
Hema brow pencil (lightest)


Face:

Illamasqua cream pigment in Androgen (blush)
Mememe liquid highlighter in Pearl Pink
Glycerine (as primer)
Skinfood concealer
Essence Stay Matte! powder
Sleek contour kit.


Lips:

L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick By Colour Riche in Rose Symphony



4 comments:

  1. I find looks like this the hardest to achieve, honestly. Probably because I also have the 50 shades of vampire thing going on. I LOVE the lip color you've chosen! Very fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard! I can't believe doing this took me longer than my normal make-up, and I hadn't really done anything with my eyes yet. Thank you! I love that lipcolour as well, I'm usually not a gloss person at all but this one I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren Ankudinoff13 May 2014 at 12:48

    This look is so cute and totally lives up to the name!

    ReplyDelete