Wednesday, 7 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 6: Purple Gradient Lips


In my last looks I've mostly been focusing on the eyes, so today I thought it would be cool to do something lip-centered instead! I went for soft neutral eyes and a bold gradient purple lip. 




I kept the eyes looking relatively simple by dusting a shimmery nude all over the lid and applying a brown taupe in the crease and the lower lashline. I tightlined my upper lashes with a brown gel liner and applied several coats of brown mascara to keep the eyes soft but defined. I curled my lashes as well, but I've been wondering if that'll ever actually have any effect on me haha. My eyelashes are pretty straight, curled or not! 







I lined my lips with a magenta lip pencil and then carefully applied a matte purple lipstick in the corners and worked it towards the middle of the lips. To finish it off I applied a creamy magenta coloured lipstick in the middle and blended it in with the purple to create a gradient effect that wouldn't smudge away with my lips touching. 





Overall, I think that this look is pretty cool! Purple lips are very trendy right now and the gradient made it a little bit more interesting to me. It also brought a lot more depth to the look itself and made it a lot more lifely. 







Product List



Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
LORAC Pro eyeshadow palette (Nude, Taupe) 
Stila smudge eyeliner in damsel (lower lashline)
Catrice brown gel liner (discontinued, tightline)
MaxFactor Clump Defy (brown)



Eyebrows:

Glycerine (as primer)
Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)
Stila In The Light eyeshadow palette (Bliss)



Face: 

Essence My Base (pink, as primer and highlighter)
Benefit Fake Up! concealer
Illamasqua cream blush in Dixie
LORAC Pro eyeshadow palette (Taupe, contour)
Essence Stay Matt powder


Lips:

MAC Magenta lip liner
MAC Girl About Town (centre)
Sleek Mardi Gras lip palette (purple)






4 comments:

  1. I love it! And I think shifting the focus from bold eye makeup to a bold lip is a great idea. It's nice to mix things up a bit! :)

    (PS I've been looking at your other posts so far but haven't had a chance to comment until now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca! For me, the whole point of the challenge is mixing it up a bit, you can get stuck in a make-up rut so easily when you do it to go to work.



    And oooh good to know! I always look forward to your comments but don't feel obliged to comment on everything, ain't nobody got time for that! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there fellow Redditor! I saw your 30 Days of Makeup post and had to come say how gorgeous they all are; but this one is my favorite. The colors are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hi! Always awesome to see another Redditor, thank you! I really liked the purple lip too, I feel light straight on purple makes me look a bit too ghostly but with a magenta gradient it somehow became more wearable.

    ReplyDelete