Tuesday, 6 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 5: Something Blue!




Today's look was requested by my boyfriend, Mike. I was casually asking him what look I should do next for the challenge and he replied 'Something blue!'. Why, you may ask? Well, because I don't really gravitate towards cool colours much and therefore hardly use blue and he wanted to give me a bit of a challenge. I didn't even think he noticed that kind of stuff, haha! I don't know why but I found this strangely adorable, so on I went and tried to make the colour blue work for me.








I ended up going for another eyeliner look again, and I actually really like it! The way I created the gradient eyeliner kind of speaks for itself, I went from a very light white silvery colour to a blackened blue by using a few different colours and carefully blending them together. I used two different kinds of blues -one light and one dark - a black eyeliner, a silver eyeshadow and a creamy white base.











I used a rose gold eyeshadow in the crease to give the look a bith more depth and also a sneaky bit of warmth and smudged a brown pencil underneath my lower lashline to give the illusion of bigger eyes and to balance the heavy wing out a bit.







I think a blue winged eyeliner like this is actually surprisingly flattering! I feel like it would suit a lot of different skintones as well. I have warm undertones but I feel like it still works. It contrasts very nicely with my eyes, making the yellow in them stand out and thus making them look greener. People with hazel eyes should definitely try it out!









Product List




Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX chubby pencil in Milk 
Urban Decay Vice 2 eyeshadow palette (silver, brown and rose-gold)
Catrice blue kohl liner (dark blue)
Maybelline colour tattoo in Turquoise Forever (light blue)
black eyeliner
Benefit 'They're Real!' mascara



Eyebrows:

Glycerine
Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)
Stila In The Light (Bliss)


Face:

Skinfood concealer
NARS Albatross highlighter
Illamasqua cream blush in Promise
Essence Stay Matt powder

Lips:
 
Nivea lip balm






2 comments:

  1. Heel erg mooie look, die wing is echt perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankjewel Bianca! Ik vond hem zelf ook wel tof, ondanks dat ik nog steeds vind dat blauw me niet staat :p

    ReplyDelete