Monday, 5 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 4: Dot, dot, dot!







Today I did a look inspired by the fabulous blogger Sandra Holmbom! She did a dotted eyeliner look that looked so fun and spectacular that I wanted to replicate it, but I didn't have the fun eyeliner colours to really do it, so instead I went for a dotted gradient type of thing.






I liked the way this looked from a distance, but when you see it up close I can definitely tell that I need a bit more practise. Perhaps also a purple eyeliner that's happy to make dots since this one insisted to make blotchy streaks instead, haha! I like the effect a lot, it just needs a bit of polishing still.






For the dotted eyeliner I used three different eyeliners. A black one, a white one and a purple one. By making dots I tried to messily create a gradient from white to black. This looked pretty cool but my eyes felt a little bit unfinished when I was done, so I made sure to tightline my upper lashline and I made a smudgy line under my lower lashline as well. To top it off I used a shimmery taupe in the crease and under the lower lashline to give the look a bit more depth.






I kept the rest of my face very subdued with a little bit of concealer under my eyes and around my nose and powdered that off with a transluscent powder. I wore no lipstick - only a little bit of lipbalm -  a cotton candy pink blusher on the cheeks and quite a bit of highlighter to give my face a nice healthy glow.




Product List



Eyes:

Illamasqua eyeliner in Scribe (white)
Chinese eyeliner (Black, I don't know the brand sorry!) 
H&M purple eyeliner
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Catrice smudge kohl liner (dark purple)
Stila In The Light (Bliss, crease)
MAC Satin Taupe (crease and lower lashline)
Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara



Eyebrows:

Stila In The Light (Bliss)
HEMA eyebrow pencil (lightest)
Glycerine (as primer)


Face:

Illamasqua cream blush in Promise 
NARS Albatross (highlighter)
Skinfood concealer
Essence Stay Matt powder


Lips:

Nivea lip balm




2 comments:

  1. This look is really cute and so unique! I really love the dots of purple :)


    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fifi! It's pretty easy to recreate too, you just need a few different colour eyeliners and a bit of patience! :p

    ReplyDelete