Saturday, 3 May 2014

30 Days of Make-up Day 2: Dream Of The Dolphin



Today's look is inspired by the azure blue of the Pacific ocean and my boyfriends favourite music track: Dream Of The Dolphin by Enigma. For whoever doesn't already know, this look is part of the 30 Days Of Make-Up challenge that I'm doing right now. Expect May to be filled with daily updates!



I wanted to create a very bright but wearable eye look and as I'm trying to go out of the box I wanted to give some colours that I wouldn't typically use some love whilst still trying to keep it flattering for my skintone. 




Because the eyes were already so bright I decided to keep my face muted. I only wore a little bit of concealer under my eyes since I had to go to work and a full face of make-up would only sweat off anyway, a natural colour on the lips - my beloved Velvet Rose from Essence - and my staple Illamasqua blush in Promise for a natural pink flush. 







I have this gorgeous bright emerald shadow by Shiro cosmetics called Maiden Queen (inspired by the Game Of Thrones character Margaery Tyrell) and when I tried layering it over my turquoise Maybelline Colour Tattoo I got this super pretty and bright azure colour! I paired it with a warm coppery brown in the outer corners and blended it in with a peachy pink eyeshadow to warm the look up a bit and make it suit my skintone a bit better.

I also happen to think that peachy pinks and blue/green colours go really well together anyway, so there's that. I finished it off with a deep brown coloured eyeliner on my upper lid and a smudged line in the lower lashline to give the illusion of bigger eyes.



I personally really liked this look! Both creating it and wearing it was a lot of fun, and I feel like this would work for a lot of different eye shapes as well. It gives such a wonderful flash of colour, especially when you look down or to the sides!




Product List



Face:

Mememe Liquid Higlighter in Pearl Pink
Glycerine (used as primer)
Skinfood Concealer
Essence All About Matt Powder
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Promise


Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX chubby pencil in Milk (base)
Shiro Cosmetics loose pigment in Maiden Queen
Shiro Cosmetics loose pigment in Moon Prism (inner corners)
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Turquoise Forever (base)
Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette (coppery brown)
Sleek Oh So Special Palette (peachy pink)
Stila smudge eyeliner pencil (lower lashline)
Illamasqua eyeliner in Havoc (upper eyelid)
Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara

Eyebrows:

Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)
Stila In The Light (Bliss)
Glycerine (primer)

Lips:

Essence Stay Matte Lip Cream in Velvet Rose 





4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this eye makeup looks absolutely stunning on you ! :O
    I really REALLY love the turquoise colour along with the coppery brown!!!
    This makes me really want to recreate the look but i'm worried it might now suit my skintone :(((
    Nevertheless, thank you for sharing this, can't wait to see more looks from the challenge!!


    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Fifi! You should just try it out, technically it should both suit cooler and warmer skintones since it's a combination of warm and cool colours. If it's too warm for you, try changing the coppery brown for a more taupe-y or purple colour! If it's too cool for you, try a more emerald green instead of azure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that colour is AMAZING! It looks so beautifully bright and pops out yet blends to that lovely neutral colour, I'm so inspired to try this tomorrow for work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I do hope you try it, it's such good fun to walk around with bright happy colours on your face haha.

    ReplyDelete