Sunday, 18 May 2014

30 Days of Make-up Day 17: Pink Haze



After not being too thrilled about yesterday's look (although funnily enough, you lovely weirdos seemed to really like it, haha!) I was determined to do better and make something I really liked today. I built the look around a Shiro Cosmetics colour I love to use - Unforgettable -, which is a reddened pink with lovely sparkles and decided to pair it with cooler toned pinks. This kept the look from becoming too sugary sweet and I ended up really liking it too! 












On the eyes I used a shimmery pink Maybelline Colour Tattoo as a base and applied a peachy pink from Sleek's Oh So Special palette all over the crease. In the inner corners I put a shimmery beige from the Too Faced Romantic Eye palette and I also used the light pink from that same eyeshadow palette to blend the highlight colour into the pink in the middle of the eye. In the outer corners and lower lashline I applied Shiro's Unforgettable to add definition and also warmth to the look. 







I also applied a brown kohl liner in the lower lashline, I feel like this opens up the eyes a lot and because this look was so pink I had to make sure my eyes wouldn't look too tired. The smudged out brown line acts as a barrier between the pink colour and my eyes, thus negating the - I haven't slept for four days straight - effect. Before mascara I made sure I lined my eyes with a dark maroon liquid liner for that very same reason. 











The rest of the look I kept quite simple with just concealer on the places that needed it (it was such a warm day today, far too warm for total coverage!) and a cream blusher on my cheeks. On my lips I very sheerly applied MAC Plumful to make them look a bit rosier but natural. 









Product List



Eyes:


Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Inked In Pink (as base)
Sleek Oh So Special Palette (peachy pink, crease)
Too Faced Natural Eye palette (shimmering beige, light pink, inner corners)
Shiro Cosmetics Unforgettable (Crease, lower lashline and outer corners)
Illamasqua liquid eyeliner in Havoc (winged eyeliner)
MaxFactor Clump Defy Mascara
Stila smudge eyeliner in Damsel (lower lashline)


Face:

LOOK Perk Me Up Primer
Skinfood Concealer
Essence Stay Matt! powder
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Promise


Lips:

MAC Plumful (sheer application)

No comments:

Post a Comment