Friday, 16 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 15: 90's Nude





I know most people cringe a bit when they look back at the 90's. Pencil-thin eyebrows, brown lips surrounded by an even darker line and frosty eyeshadow up til your browbone, brr! That said, the 90's also had some pretty cool trends like the grunge style that I personally love and the way the brown neutral make-up looks.

I've been watching X-files lately (arguably the most influential show of the 90's) and I have to admit that Gillian Anderson as Doctor Dana Scully has become one of my major make-up crushes, just look at her! The soft all-brown-everything look suits her so well!


Dana Scully - dana-scully Photo


Soft eye make-up paired with a dark neutral lipcolour was something I saw her wear a lot in X-files, and it inspired me to do something similar.






To achieve this look I used a rosey pink-brown coloured lipstick that I would usually class as a few shades too dark for me (MAC Mystical) for a neutral look, although it would probably be a good nude for ladies with deeper skintones than mine. I kept the eyes very simple with a shimmer highlight in the inner corners and the tearducts and a light brown taupe in the crease. I made the thinnest line with a brown eyeliner that I could possibly achieve and used a brown mascara to keep everything looking soft.





Under my lipstick I used a neutral rosey brown lipliner, which subdued the more pinkish tones in Mystical. I don't really have a brown lipstick so I had to improvise!  I used that same taupe eyeshadow as a blush, I didn't want to add too much colour and as I wasn't wearing any foundation on my cheeks, my natural flush would come through anyway.






Product List:


Eyes:

Stila In The Light (Bliss, crease)
Shiro Cosmetics Woman's Weapons (darker colour in the crease, lower lashline, eyeliner)
Catrice glitter liner (tear ducts, inner corners)
Glycerine (as primer)
MaxFactor mascara (brown)
Illamasqua Sealing Gel (eyeliner, mixed with Woman's Weapons)


Face:

Mememe liquid highlighter in Pearl Pink
LOOK Perk Me Up primer
Skinfood concealer
Stila In The Light (Bliss, as blusher)
Essence Stay Matt powder


Lips:

Etude House Soft Auto Lipliner (Soft Rose)
MAC Mystical (Limited Edition)


Eyebrows:

Glycerine (as primer)
Stila In The Ligh (Bliss)
Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Deze look is tot nu toe mijn favoriet denk ik. Vooral de lipkleur die je gecreƫerd hebt vind ik mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankjewel Lisa! Dit is stiekem ook een van mijn favorieten haha, het lip potlood dat bij deze look hoort was nog hartstikke goedkoop ook, scooore! :p

    ReplyDelete