Thursday, 15 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 14: Practising Falsies





Alright, confession time. I've always avoided false lashes whenever I can! I don't like them, I'm not good at applying them (hence why I don't like them) I feel like they make me look weird and camel-like and I don't like the extra weight on my eyes. I hate them! I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns!

But I have to admit, man, they look awesome on the bloggers I follow. Every make-up look just looks so finished and put together and when I go through my Instagram feed all I see is these beautiful people with beautifully applied falsies that delicately rest on their cheekbones as they look downwards. 

So y'know, as that's how envy and admiration usually works, I wanted to be able to do that too! Maybe if I just start applying the buggers more often I'll grow fond of them. Or at least make the hatred more like begrudging acceptance. Maybe. 







I feel like my falsies practise today went okay. Usually I can't get them to go on my eyes properly and they won't blend in with my lashes nicely and just look weird, but this time it wasn't too bad. At least I managed to get them to stick as close to my lashline as possible and I only had a tiny little bit that wouldn't stay put, instead of the usual 10 minute tantrum I have when I try to put them on. 










And I must admit, with the more colourful and dramatic looks false lashes do make it just that little bit better. I went for a violet/lavender look this time (All  UD Vice 2 eyeshadows) and I ended up really liking the result! Warm colours still suit me better, but the whole point of this challenge is to try things I usually don't go for. 






Jo from Coffeeplss often includes a bonus derpy photo in her posts and it always makes me laugh, so I thought I'd include one too! I often make silly photos when I'm taking pictures of my make-up as it helps relax the face and also because it makes me crack up, haha! It's just make-up after all, never be afraid to look silly and don't take yourself too seriously.






Product List


Eyes:

NYX chubby pencil in Milk (Base)
Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette
Black eyeliner (don't know brand)
False Lashes (From Ebay, brand unknown)
Catrice blue kohl liner (lower lashline)



Eyebrows:

Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)
Lorac Pro (Mauve)


Face: 

Missha BB-cream
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Dixie
Sleek blush in Rose Gold
Mememe liquid highlighter in Pearl Pink (mixed with bb cream)
Essence Stay Matt powder


Lips: 

MAC Patisserie



4 comments:

  1. Mariska - Salt & Sugar15 May 2014 at 19:18

    Ik heb ze een paar keer op gehad voor foto's, maar ik heb echt niet het geduld om ze bij mezelf op te doen.. Maar het staat je echt heel mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some false lash practice too. I've worn them like... once ever. They look great in finished looks, but the sensation of having something stuck to your eyelid is rather strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel SO weird! I can never get used to the extra weight on my eyes, individual lashes might be a better option since you can hardly feel them haha. I'll give them a go and see if I find them a bit less horrible feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dankjewel! Oh ja wat een gepriegel zeg, voor de foto vind ik het heel mooi maar daarna trok ik ze er snel weer af haha. Ik kan nog niet aan het gevoel wennen. :p

    ReplyDelete