Wednesday, 14 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 13: Smashing Pots




I was going to call this look 'eyeshadow that looks awesome with glasses!' or something like that but there's a limit to the amount of words I can cram in a title! So I named it after the Shiro eyeshadow (aptly named Smashing Pots from the Legend Of Zelda collection because let's face it, you broke all the pots in everyone's house hoping for a ruby or two when you played that game too!) that I used for it instead.

Mali from Maliberry Make-up (check out her blog, she's so lovely!) kindly gave me this eyeshadow a few weeks ago and I've been absolutely loving it! It's a gorgeous reddish brown colour but it has multicoloured sparks in it, making it truly unique and very cool.







You may not have realised this, but I wear glasses almost every single day. Especially when I'm at work where seeing things comes in particularily handy. My near-sightedness isn't bad enough where I absolutely need to wear them all the time, but it is bad enough where I have to guess if someone's looking at me or at the person next to me when they're 10 feet away from me.

Luckily, most make-up looks look awesome with glasses! Glasses tend to tone looks down quite a bit, so you can get away with more than you would without. Most times though, I do whatever I like with my make-up, whether my glasses enhance it or not, but sometimes I'm in the mood to play up to it. One thing that looks very nice with glasses is a big winged eyeliner, but I've noticed that smokey eyes can look really cool too.





This photo is purposefully unfocused to show off the pretty sparkles!





Also, Smashing Pots (the eyeshadow) is gooorgeous! I layered it over the taupe Maybelline Colour Tattoo which acted as a base, and the sparkles were just captivating. I also applied a shimmery nude colour in the inner corners of the eye to make the look a bit brighter and I lined both my upper lashline and the lower waterline. Something I don't usually do, but I felt like it added focus and intensity to the look. 






Product List



Eyes:

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe (as base)
Lorac Pro palette (nude, inner corners)
Shiro Cosmetics Smashing Pots
MaxFactor Clump Defy Mascara
Catrice Gel Liner



Face: 

LOOK Perk Me Up primer
Skinfood concealer
Essence Stay Matt powder
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Dixie


Eyebrows:

Hema eyebrow pencil
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Lorac Pro palette (Mauve)


Lips:

Essence lip cream in Velvet Rose






4 comments:

  1. Mooie 'rustige' look. Geeft mij echt een kantoor gevoel ofzo. Misschien ook wel door de bril, haha. Staat je trouwens wel goed dit model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to see this on you - it looks lovely, and I'm so glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a star! <3 I've been really loving it, can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha ja die bril zal ook wel helpen met het kantoor gevoel! Dankjewel, het is de enige (en eerste!) bril die ik heb. Ik heb hem al een aantal jaar en zal binnenkort wel weer een nieuwe aan moeten schaffen haha, helaas kan ik geen lenzen dragen (mijn ogen zijn te vlak ofzo?) maar een bril is ook best leuk op zich!

    ReplyDelete