Tuesday, 13 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 12: Summer Sunsets




After a few days of quite tame make-up (to my standards at least!) I was itching for something more colourful! I don't really have a single favourite colour, but I've always loved the colours that appear when the sun sets. Today's look is inspired by those sunset colours!






I used my favourite rose gold (Pink Gold by Barry M) all over the lid and used a peachy pink, orange and red colour in the crease to create a firey gradient. I also applied that same peachy pink and a purple in the outer corners of the eye, as well as under the lower lashline. I tried putting the cut-crease a bit highter than I usually do, which felt unnatural in the beginning but I think I like the end result better than usual. 





I paired the bold eyes with a light pink cream blush on the apples of my cheeks and a natural lip colour (Patisserie by MAC) on the lips. As per usual I didn't use foundation or BB-cream but just used concealer to cover the dark circles under my eyes and spot-concealed the places that needed it. Such as around my nose and a few spots here and there. 












Product List



Eyes

Lorac eyeshadow primer
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Pink Gold
Sugarpill Burning Heart palette (red, orange, purple)
Sleek Oh So Special Palette (peachy pink)
Black Eyeliner (don't know the brand)
Benefit 'They're Real!' mascara


Eyebrows

Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)
Lorac Pro eyeshadow palette (Mauve)
Hairspray


Face

Skinfood Concealer
LOOK Perk Me Up Primer
Essence Stay Matt Powder
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Promise


Lips 

MAC Patisserie





5 comments:

  1. tarapapapapa .13 May 2014 at 17:54

    so so sooo lovely on you! i think warm colours suits you nicely~ also i really love your rose gold look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This look almost makes your eyes look a different color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Haha, funny how colours can do that! This particular colour scheme should make blue eyes look an even more vibrant blue, and since my colours are hazel and have many undertones I can see how it could change the way the look as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I also feel like warm colours come much more easily to me than cold, it's fun experimenting with both though. Rose Gold is such a pretty and versatile colour on the eyes, luckily it's quite trendy right now so colours like that aren't hard to come by these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful look, the colours really flatters you! x

    ReplyDelete