Sunday, 11 May 2014

30 Days of Make-up Day 10: Office Pin-Up




Today's look revolves around the perfect Pin-Up lipstick, MAC's Ruby Woo, which arrived in the post the day before! Unfortunately I couldn't go all out with victory rolls and false lashes today since I had to go to work, so I decided to tone the look down enough where it would be presentable. 




I always feel like winged eyeliner the way you're 'supposed' to do it doesn't suit me, so instead of tapering it into a steep upwards flick I always make a slightly straighter line with a tiny flick. I feel like this suits my eye shape a lot better. 






Cut-creases doesn't always have to be dramatic, I love making a neutral cut-crease because it defines my crease and makes my tiny lids seem bigger whilst still looking soft and natural. I created the cut crease by using a shimmery nude all over the lid and applying a very light brown along the crease, blending it out more towards the browbone. I then - with a very tiny brush - applied a dark brown just above the crease and gently blended that out too. Easy enough, the trick is to not use too much eyeshadow or pressure, gently build up the colour until you're happy with the way it looks. 







On the lips I'm wearing a matte red lipstick (Ruby Woo by MAC) and although the colour is fantastic, the texture is hard to work with. Make sure you exfoliate your lips and use lipbalm before you apply it! I didn't use a lipbrush or lipliner underneath, doing so would have probably given me a much neater result. 








Product List


Eyes:

Glycerine (as primer)
Lorac Pro palette (Nude, Taupe and Sable)
Stila smudge eye pencil in Damsel
Illamasqua eyeliner in Havoc
MaxFactor Clump Defy (Brown)



Eyebrows:

Glyceriner (as primer)
Lorac Pro palette (Mauve)
Hema eyebrow pencil (lightest)


Face: 

MAC Pinch 'O Peach (blusher)
Skinfood Concealer 
Essence Stay Matte powder


Lips:

MAC Ruby Woo

4 comments:

  1. Oeh heel mooi! Ook je wenkbrauwen zijn prachtig strak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankje! Haha van mij mogen ze eigenlijk wel iets rechter en minder strak, maar als je zo weinig wenkbrauwhaar hebt om mee te werken wordt het vanzelf zo. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard
    against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about
    losing everything I've worked hard on. Any tips?

    My web site :: plantar fasciitis treatment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know
    if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
    Any help would be enormously appreciated!シャネル iphoneケース 正規品

    My web blog :: ヴィトン キーケース 人気

    ReplyDelete