Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Look: Nic Cage Raking Leaves On A Brisk October Afternoon





So, you're probably thinking that the title of this look is a little bit peculiar, I mean what does Nicolas Cage have to do with anything regarding make-up? The answer is; nothing really, I haven't made the title of this post to take my blog to a new level of randomness but it just so happens that it's the name to the Shiro eyeshadow colour that is the main feature of this look!

I think the owner of Shiro Cosmetics has a thing for (or perhaps against!) Nic Cage and likes to poke a bit of fun at him and she's named a few of her products after the actor. It always gets a giggle out of me anyway!





Nic Cage Raking Leaves is a very interesting coffee brown pigment with a wonderful amount of golden and red sparks in it which makes it shimmer like nothing else. I used my Illamasqua Sealing Gel to make an eyeliner out of the loose pigment, after applying it I layered a bit more of the pigment on top of it to get the sparkles to turn up a bit better. Glitter glue would have probably worked better in this case, but since I didn't have any I improvised.





You can see how the shimmer in the eyeliner turns up in different angles. In real life it was even better, it shimmered beautifully in the light!






Because I meant for the eye liner to be the eye catcher of the look I just applied a bit of MAC Satin Taupe and MAC Cranberry in the outer corners and lower lashline and blended it out towards the crease. In the inner corners I used a light shimmery colour to brighten the eyes a bit. I didn't use any eyeshadow on the eyelids themselves because my eyes have been quite watery lately because of my allergies. This way I could wipe them dry without messing up any eye make-up.




I kept the rest of the look fairly simple with MAC Patisserie on the lips (my favourite neutral lip colour!) and Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Promise on the cheeks.


Product List


Eyebrows:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Catrice Eyebrow Pencil (light brown)
Lorac Pro (Mauve, Sable)

Eyes:
Shiro eyeshadow pigment: Nic Cage Raking Leaves On A Brisk October Afternoon
MAC Cranberry
MAC Satin Taupe
Illamasqua Sealing Gel
Lorac Pro (Nude)
Max Factor Clump Defy (brown) 
Urban Decay Primer Potion

Face:
Revlon Primer
LOOK Perk Me Up primer
Skinfood Cream Concealer
Essence Matt Me Powder
Illamasqua Cream Blush (Promise)
NARS Albatross

Lips:
MAC Patisserie


10 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try something from Shiro Cosmetics, I love the kooky products and shade names :) Beautiful as ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ali, I think you'll love Shiro! They aren't too expensive for what you get and their customer service is amazing. Also, they have a shade called 'Maiden Queen' from the Game of Thrones collection that is just made for you. Such a beautiful light emerald with shimmers.

    Haha I'm sorry for rambling on about them but I can't help it, I'm so impressed with the brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ooh is it nice? I wasn't planning on picking up anything Nic Cage related but the swatch was so pretty when I saw it online, it's even prettier in real life. So glad I purchased it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually ended up placing an order after reading this, although I didn't get 'Maiden Queen' as it looks a bit too blue-toned for me (I'm very picky with my greens!) I got 3 eyeshadows and an Intertube :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lied to. There is no image of my friend, mentor and hero Nicholas Cage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And it's March without any leaves to rake in sight, omg, such lies! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love Shiro :D je hebt weer een mooie look gemaakt! ik wacht nog op een naruto/supernatural/twd collectie XD someday..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful makeup!
    I have a question, I've noticed you apply eyeshadow under your eye, I love the look and I'd like to copy it but I think I'd look awful with eyeshadow under my eyes, I think it would look like a mess xD
    How do you apply it without making a mess? I don't want the eyeshadow to look like eye circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! With eyeshadow under your eyes, it helps when you first apply an eyeshadow that's just two shades lighter than the one you want under your eyes. I like to use an angled brush for this. Then, with the same brush, apply the darker colour just under the lower lashline. Be subtle with it, don't apply too much in one go and make sure it's just touching your lower lashline. Doing a lighter colour first and then the darker one will gently blend the darker colour with the lighter one and it will look a bit more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dankjewel! Jaaa een Naruto collectie zou wel heel tof zijn! Of Disney themed :D

    ReplyDelete