Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Collection: Hantastic Tutorials





Do you know I've been blogging for nearly a year now, and that I've made a fair few tutorials in this year already? I love it when you guys try out any of my tutorials! It always makes me so happy and a little bit proud too. Since I've made quite a few tutorials now, I thought it might be handy to remind my new readers of the older ones that I did. So here's a blogpost filled with links to my most favourite tutorials!



1. The Autumnal Cut Crease


 Click to be taken to the tutorial page!



Creating this look is a lot easier than you think, and the best part is that you can do it with many other colours! This cut-crease look is very flattering on eyes that don't have a lot of lid space, but in all fairness, the cut-crease looks good on nearly anyone. 




2. Easy Dramatic Smokey Eyes





This tutorial shows you how you can make dramatic smokey eyes in a few very easy to follow steps. The most important part is using a black base so that the colours are more intense. (You can read everything about different eyeshadow bases here)




You don't have to use a blue eyeshadow to do the tutorial, a dark purple, red, gunmetal, black, cranberry, bronze or green will look very cool too! Just make sure it's a darker eyeshadow. 



3. How to combine colours




Always wondered which colours go well together and why? And why some colours just don't seem to work no matter what you do? Perhaps I can shed some light on the situation with this tutorial that shows you a few different ways to combine colours. 



4. How to take better photos (of your make-up)




This is a guide that isn't only handy for taking photos of make-up, but also of taking better photos in general. It shows that the type of light, camera settings and angles can make a very big difference! 



5: Romantic Rose Gold





Rose gold looks are pretty trendy right now (I think it might be because the release of the Naked 3 palette) and the colours used in this tutorial are flattering for cool as well as warm-toned types. To make it cooler you could always use a greyish taupe or purple and to make it warmer you could opt for a warm brown instead. 



6: Simple Neutral Look




A tutorial for a simple and soft neutral look that will suit almost anyone, but people with tiny lids might benefit from it most. 


7: Sultry Summer Eyes



This is a fun and colourful look, I think it's also the first tutorial I ever did! There's things I'd change about it now (I think I'd add a winged liner or put a bit more eyeshadow in the lower lashline to even it out) but I still really like the colour combination of this tutorial.


7. How To Tightline






Tightlining is lining your upper lashline in a way that is nearly unnoticable to the eye (you can't see you're wearing any eyeliner) but makes your lashes look fuller and more defined. There's a lot of confusion regarding tightlining, a lot of people seem to think that it's about lining the waterline but instead it's really running the eyeliner as close to the roots of the lashes as you can. 


8: The Rainbow Look





Creating this look is easier than you might think, it just requires a bit of patience. I love doing this look because it's so colourful without being too in-your-face about it. Playful and fun, perfect for high-school, parties or festivals!



9: My Everyday Look




This tutorial is about how I do my go-to look when I'm uninspired or if I need to look professional but polished. This tutorial is best for warmer toned ladies since I'm using a lot of warm colours, but you can always replace the eyeshadows I use with cooler versions of your own. 


10: How I Fill In My Eyebrows


How I go from this...


To BAM, eyebrows!

Full and defined eyebrows can add so much to a face, sadly mine are quite sparse and hard to see, which is why I fill them in! I'm personally not a big fan of harsh and overdrawn eyebrows - although if you like those, more power to ya!- so I made a tutorial about how to fill in your eyebrows whilst still having them look as natural as possible. 


11: Gradient Lips



Gradient lips are great if you want them to look fuller, or if you want to add dimension or make them more interesting. I always had trouble doing it neatly though, so I found a way in which I didn't have to! 


12: Lavender Woods




Another tutorial for a look that suits both cool and warm skintones! I personally really like the colour combination, and as always, you can always use the steps as a blueprint to making your own looks and colour combos!




So there we go, those are my favourite tutorials! I hope you like them, and if you have any suggestions for tutorials in the future, don't hesitate to let me know. 


2 comments:

  1. Love your tutorials! I missed the rainbow one before, but it's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gradient lips is zo mooi <3 ik ken ze eigenlijk allemaal haha!

    ReplyDelete