Friday, 14 February 2014

Look/Challenge: Using only one eyeshadow colour.





I'm usually more of a 'let's use ALL the colours' kind of gal, but sometimes you come across an eyeshadow that is just lovely on its own. This look is also very suitable for beginners, all you have to do is blend it out really nicely and voila, you're done! No faffing about with three different brushes and blending tiny little areas together. I love doing my eyes like this when I'm short on time because it still makes you look really nice and done up, but it's a lot quicker because you ended up only using one eyeshadow!







What I used was a brown/green duochrome eyeshadow. This means that the base colour (coppery brown in this case) is different from the shimmering overlay (green) and that creates a colour shift in the light. In this case the brown eyeshadow shimmers a vivid rusty green when the light shines on it. Using colours like these can be a bit tricky when you try to combine them because it's hard to guess what they're going to end up looking like, but it creates so much dimension to your eyes that it's worth the trouble. Just using the colour on its own is what I like to do most though.











I wore this look during the day, so I combined it with just a bit of lip balm and a natural blush to keep it from being too done up or overwhelming. If I had wanted to transform it into a nighttime look I think false lashes would have been awesome, as well as more obvious contouring and blush.




List of products used:


Eyes: 

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Taupe (base)
Too Faced Pretty Rebel eyeshadow (Girly)
Catrice Mascara
Illamasqua eyeliner in Havoc

Eyebrows:
Lorac Primer
Catrice Eyebrow Pencil (lightest)
Lorac Pro Palette (Mauve)

Face:
Look Perk Me Up Primer
Missha BB-cream 
NARS Albatross (highlighter)
Illamasqua Cream Blush (Dixie)
Essence Matt Me Powder

Lips:
Carmex lip balm. 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Han! I've seen you post to reddit a lot and I love your stuff! I'm doing this Liebster award post thingy (chain mail, I know...but it's actually kinda fun!) and I nominated you! Check out the post and pass it on if you like :) thanks! http://www.glamorcast.net/2014/02/the-liebster-award_18.html


    -Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mollie, thanks for the honour! Always awesome to see a fellow redditor, haha. I'll definitely check out your post, don't know if I'll join in with the whole Liebster thing but it's lovely reading about it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind dat ook altijd moeilijk, maar met goed blenden is het wel mooi. Trouwens,
    ik heb je genomineerd voor de Liebster Award. Ga naar mijn blog voor de
    informatie en de vragen.

    ReplyDelete