Saturday, 11 January 2014

Look: Half Face - Illamasqua inspired




If you've been following this blog for a while, you probably know that I frequent /r/Makeupaddiction (a fabulous subreddit dedicated to make-up) quite a lot. It's a lot of fun talking about stuff with the ladies and gents over there and I also love looking at the beautiful products they've purchased and the looks they make. Yesterday there was a big thread (link here!) about doing half-faces, where you put make-up on half of your face and you leave the other half bare. 

Quite a few people contributed, and it was really interesting to see how much make-up can transform someone. Even when the make-up look itself isn't even that dramatic! I couldn't help but give it my try too, and since I liked the result I figured I could make a blogpost out of it. 



So there you go. I went for a fun speckled eye look that I've seen Illamasqua do on one of their campaign shots. I really like the look of speckled eyeliner, it looks funky and different while still remaining to be wearable.

I paired the liner with soft eyeshadow colours, filled in brows and a pink blusher as well as a soft pink lipstick. Both pinks weren't as vibrant in real life as on camera, but I guess my camera had a pink day or something. It does that sometimes.



Here you can really see how much I benefit from under eye concealer, haha! I usually just use concealer under my eyes, around my nose and on a few spots here and there. If I can help it I like to forego foundation. If you don't need it, why use it?




Here's a close-up of the eye so you can see how the speckled eyeliner looks up close. It's a fun look to do and not as difficult as it may seem!

Product List




Face 

- NARS Albatross
- Look Perk Me Up Primer
- Look blush in Flush
- Benefit Fake Up concealer
- Essence Stay Matt powder

Eyes 'n eyebrows

Catrice eyebrow pencil
Lorac pro 'Mauve' (Both eye and eyebrows)
Illamasqua eyeliner in Scribe
Black liquid eyeliner I don't know the name of
NYX Frou Frou mascara


Lips
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul

6 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful on you! I tried speckled eyeliner a while ago but now I want to try it again. And I'll be snooping on that makeup board now too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to say, it's lovely seeing you around on MUA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I like the half-face theme! And the speckled eyeliner is really pretty. It might even look good on both eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I recognize you from makeupaddiction. Bloglovin suggested your blog to me, so I'm following it now. :-D Loved the post you made a couple of months back about tight-lining (I think that was you). Was that you?

    I was curious as to whether you color your hair with henna? The color is very very similar to mine and I use henna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kaylyn, always awesome to see someone from MUA! :D Thank you, the tightlining post was indeed from me! I do colour my hair with henna, have done for quite a few years now. Gosh you never quite get used to the special smell do you? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. It might do, so I might have to try that out soon! (today :p)

    ReplyDelete