Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Random Favourites: Discovering Chai Tea Latte, London and more!







It's been a while since I've done a favourites post, so I thought I should definitely do one again and share the things I've been loving so much with you! I don't do monthly posts about favourite items, instead I kind of wait until I have enough to show you so that the post is interesting. Otherwise I'd be showing you the same things most of the time! When I like something, I usually keep using it until I don't like it any more and I suspect showing you the same five things would get quite boring very quickly. Anyway, let's get on with it!




NARS Albatross 



Ever since I got this for my birthday in September, I've been using it every single time I apply make-up! It's just so beautiful and it highlights in the most wonderful way. I am absolutely besotted with it! I did review it a while ago as well, it was kind of love at first sight anyway but I am very pleased that it has become such a staple item for me.





Lush Ocean Salt Scrub





I now know that it's usually better to use a chemical exfoliant instead of a physical scrub, but I really adore this one from Lush. It's a very mild scrub which leaves my skin as soft as a baby's bottom when I'm done. As I only use it once a week and I haven't had any problems with it as of yet I'll keep using it. Wonderful stuff.





London Baby!



I've finally visited London! I am almost ashamed to say that after being in the UK for this long I hadn't actually gone yet, but then again I never had a reason to. I'm not really a city girl and was more interested in getting to know my immediate surroundings, but when my dear mum and sister came up with the idea for us to meet up in London (They live in the Netherlands, I live in Wales) I was of course more than happy to go!

I had such a wonderful time with them! London is great, we did the hopelessly touristy things (Visit the Big Ben, ignore the zebra crossings in Camden, get lost on the tube, stand in everyone else's way because that's what tourists do) and also went shopping. The weekend was over far too soon! I swear, time moves twice the speed in London.

I am very happy that I went as it's a wonderful place to visit, but my country girl heart is more than happy to come back to beautiful green Wales and breathe the clean and quiet air again. I was however very sad to say goodbye to my family. I will see them again soon though, and the happy memories made in London will keep me going until then!




The Discovery Of Chai Tea Latte



I had heard of the elusive Chai Tea Latte before, but hadn't actually tried one myself. I should have. Chai Tea is the best thing since sliced bread and I am utterly in love. Chai Tea Latte originates from India and is a tea filled with spices like cinnamon and black pepper and many more. It is sweet and slightly spicy, and of course delicious! It warms you up from the inside and the flavour is just amazing. I thought hot chocolate couldn't be topped, but I was wrong. I must find out how to make this myself!





Illamasqua Sealing Gel






I have been using the Illamasqua Sealing Gel a lot since I purchased it and man, it has not disappointed! I love the fact that I can now turn every single one of my eyeshadows into an eyeliner that doesn't come off under any circumstances until I actually try to take it off. This stuff is amazing and allows for so much more creativity. I am deeply impressed with it and very pleased! The golden ombre eyeliner in itself has become a favourite as well, I have sported it many times since. This is quite rare as I usually don't really repeat looks anymore, there's always something new to try on this playground that is my face.






The Graham Norton Show




I am usually not a huge fan of shows like this since I don't really keep up with celebrities and new films and don't even have a television set up, but as the new seasons of my usual shows are still in production I was a bit lost for things to watch. I started watching this with my boyfriend on a whim and it is very entertaining. I have never come across a show before where celebrities are so at ease and are just themselves. It is usually a lot of fun and it's also nice to see the personalities of the people that I usually only see in their roles as an actor or performer. The Graham Norton Show is easygoing and often hilarious, so do have a look on Youtube to see what you think!





The LORAC Pro palette



This palette is just...well, it's perfect! I usually don't like saying that because nothing really is, but this eyeshadow palette is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. I took it with me to London and I expected the eyeshadows to wear off during the day because of all the hustle and bustle. I mean, briskly walking around for more than ten hours is sure to sweat almost anything off right? Right? Nope. These eyeshadows stayed on forever and still looked good when I took them off before going to bed. Insane! The colours also look good on anyone. I did my mum's make-up and she looked fabulous. My sister did her own and she looked stunning as well! We all have different undertones and skintypes. I am so very pleased with this palette.




Lorde: Royals




I guess I'm late to the party with music, as per usual. I don't really listen to radio so I only found out about this song a few weeks ago but I love it! Lorde has such a unique voice and I've been listening to this song non-stop. Definitely a favourite!






These Eyeshadow Looks










I haven't been doing as many looks as I'd like. My stupid sensitive eyes often keep on watering for no good reason, making eyeshadow streak and smudge before I can even take a photo. That sucks, but luckily I still managed to do quite a few looks! These (and the golden ombre that you saw before) are my recent favourites. I especially love the one in the middle and it has replaced my usual 'everyday' eye look since it's so easy to do and so appropriate for Autumn.










12 comments:

  1. De Nars Albatros wil ik ook nog steeds ooit aanschaffen! En misschien als echte theeleut ook maar eens zo'n Chai Tea Latte proberen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if that brand is available in the UK, but Yogi Tea make lots of different chai teas, in bags or as loose teas. To make a latte, you just add hot, foaming milk to the tea and sweeten. You can also use sirup or powder, but they are already sweetened, so I prefer to make my own.
    Have you ever watched misfits? I've only started watching a week or so ago and I'm completely addicted =) I'll try to find the graham norton show on youtube, it sounds like fun.
    I love the first eye look! Not too strong but still different. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered chai tea lattes recently too and they're so lovely! My favourite is the one you can get in Café Nero and they use Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte Powder which you can get from about £2 from Waitrose :)


    I've added the Illamasqua Sealing Gel to my wishlist thanks to your review ;)


    http://maliberrymakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first one was from Cafe Nero! Thank you for telling me that, I'll definitely check Waitrose out now that I know how they make them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Game of Thrones is my absolute favorite, too! I can't wait to finish my exams and read all the books. So far I've only watched the show, but the books must be awesome, too. Have you read any of them? I haven't watched The Walking Dead yet, I don't know if I can take the violence. Is it worse then in GoT? Because I have to look away sometimes, I have to admit, but for the most part, it's ok because it really does serve the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read all the books and they are fantastic, but the show is doing a very good job of staying true to the story. The Walking Dead is not much more violent than GOT, but there is the zombie gore and the tension is very high. That said, it's more about the characters than about killing zombies, which is what I love about the show. How humanity changes when it's all gone belly up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I get my Lorac pro palette soon! Ordered it from ebay so i'm super excited and my my what lovely eyes you have. I wish I was a red head, always wanted to be but my skin tone won't go well for red hair color though its all in the eyes I see :D.


    www.crazypoplock.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you buy the Lorac Pro Palette, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ik ga in maart waarschijnlijk ook naar londen, nog tips?

    xx Tanja http://somelighthearts.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got it from an American friend who was kind enough to buy it for me and send it over! You could also try /r/Makeupexchange or Amazon if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ja! Plan van tevoren een beetje in wat je wilt doen, wij hadden twee volle dagen om in de stad te zijn en de eerste dag hebben we vooral gewinkeld terwijl we de tweede dag een looproute hadden zodat we alle toffe dingen konden zien. Dit was alsnog veel te weinig tijd, maar we hebben in ieder geval gedaan wat we absoluut wilden! Plan van tevoren dus even in waar je heen wilt en ook even waar dat dan is, welke metro je moet hebben en tot hoe laat het open is enzo.

    Als je wilt winkelen is Camden town heeeel leuk, maar Oxford street ook!

    Koop sowieso een Oystercard, die zijn echt heel handig en je zult waarschijnlijk veel met het openbaar vervoer gaan. Is net wat goedkoper dan de andere alternatieven en werkt hetzelfde als een OV kaart. In- en uitchecken bij de poortjes, easy peasy.


    De metro's rijden al best vroeg niet meer, volgens mij gaat de laatste om elf uur al of zoiets. Zorg er dus voor dat je op tijd naar een restaurantje gaat om wat te eten. Hier ging het bij ons wat de mist in (we hadden niet van tevoren opgezocht waar we wilden eten) en daarom zijn we het eerste de beste restaurant vaak ingedoken. Het is veel leuker, lekkerder en goedkoper om van tevoren te weten waar je gaat eten. :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daar heb ik echt wel wat aan thanks! Ik had idd al gelezen over die oystercard en over een travelcard. We gaan vast wel winkelen dus dat komt wel goed!
    bye love the eyelooks :)

    ReplyDelete