Friday, 29 November 2013

Look: Cold Out Here




Damn it's getting cold! It feels like the temperature has dropped a huge amount the last two weeks or so. I can't say I'm completely comfortable with time passing so quickly lately. I mean, wasn't it only Summer yesterday? I must be getting old!

Anyway, as a way to enthuse myself about the Winter weather I tried to get into it a little bit by making a frosty - be it unwearable -  look. It's not wonderfully creative or anything, but I did try out a few new things such as heavy contouring with white, making my own gloss and only using cool tones for my make-up look.






I used the same colour scheme for the eyes and the eyebrows, a gradient going from lilac to violet on a base of stark Winter white. I didn't want to use anything dark or warm for this look, so I ended up rubbing a white kohl pencil all over my lashes to give them a frosty appearance.







I used a very light pink as a blush and a dark purple as a contour, although that ended up looking more grey than purple for some reason. I made the lipcolour by mixing a light plink glitter and a bit of Vaseline together, thus creating a custom gloss. I love the high shine of it a lot!






Instead of a shimmery highlight I used a matte cream highlight under my eyes and cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose, my cupid's bone and above the eyebrows. I like the finished look, although I feel that if I wanted to use it for theatrical purposes I should go a lot further with it to make it more interesting. With heavier contrasts and more interesting shapes and textures, such as white false lashes in the shape of snowflakes, heavier contouring and more use of colour.





No comments:

Post a Comment