Saturday, 2 November 2013

Look: Almost Natural






If you've read my blog for a while you probably know that I don't shy away from the kind of make-up looks that stand out a little bit more, but sometimes I really like looking more natural and fresh faced. This strangely usually coincides with me curling my hair. I don't know what it is, but I think it could be because the curly hair already adds so much more volume and drama that I feel like putting strong make-up on would be a bit too overpowering.







I did put eyeshadow on, but I kept it fairly simple. A shimmering nude colour all over the lid, with a light taupe in the crease and a warm brick colour in the outer corners. I used a bright highlighter in the inner corners of the eyes but didn't use any shimmers on my face. Instead I opted for a matte blush.





On the lips I used a balm stain instead of the usual lipstick or gloss for a more natural, 'my lips but better' effect. The lipcolour pulls a bit darker on me than I expected, but it does a good job in bringing life to my face so I do like it. I brought the brick colour under the lower eyelashes as well as me tightlining my upper lashline for the illusion of fuller lashes and applying a nude liner in the waterline to brighten my eyes.




I chose to not go for foundation, but instead I applied concealer to the areas that needed it and set it with a transluscent powder. Especially my under-eye area and the area around my nose needed some attention.

Anyway, this look was pretty simple but I like knowing that I can pull off a natural colour using an unusual colour eyeshadow. Brick and terracotta colours are sorely underappreciated in the make-up world! Or at least, that's how I feel about it.


4 comments:

  1. je bent mooi met wat meer makeup maar ook prachtig met een natural look :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dit is echte een geweldige look! Hij staat je super goed, ik ga gauw even verder klikken op je site, ben wel erg benieuwd na deze post en je Common White Girl tag xx www.somelighthearts.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I see you on reddit and on here I just think you're so pretty. Love the eyes.


    www.gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you so much! I had a sneaky peek at your blog too, I love your look!

    ReplyDelete