Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Look: Soft Romantic




With the heavy smokey looks I've been doing recently I felt it was time for something a bit softer, so I went for a soft romantic look. A dusky rose blush and lipcolour with shimmering pink, taupe and brown eyeshadows. Soft and understated yet (hopefully) not boring.










I started with putting a light pearly pink as a base all over the lid and put a pinkish coral colour in the outer corners and in the crease. Over that I applied a shimmery purple taupe and a brown in the outer corners to create a bit more depth. That same brown colour went under the lower lashline. In the inner corners I applied a sparkly off-white and blended it in with the pink colour on the lid. To finish it off I used a deep brown kohl pencil in the lower lashline to create the illusion of bigger eyes and I lined my upper lashline as well with that same colour. I blended the harsh lines out with an angled brush for a softer effect, put on some brown mascara and considered myself done!







I kept the rest of the look simple with a matte pink lipcolour on the lips, I used that same lipcolour as a cream blush as well! I like to do that with my lipsticks sometimes, the double up as a blush very nicely sometimes!

I love doing soft looks like this as an alternative to the neutral eyes that I usually do, this look is very suitable for the day but the colour choice is a bit of fresh air compared to the champagne and brown colours I tend to go for. This combination of colours will go supremely well with blue, brown and grey eyes but it will also look very nice with all other eye colours. If your skintone is too warm to carry pinks off, try and use an orange based coral instead!


3 comments:

  1. I love this look - can I ask what products you used to create it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course! I think I remember it correctly. I used the light pink Maybelline colour tattoo on the whole lid, Illamasqua's cream pigment in Androgen in the crease, outer corners and blended towards the last 1/3 of the eye, two shades from the Naked palette (Toasted and Hustle) in the outer corners and crease and also iunder the lower lashline. I used quite a lot of Toasted and just a little bit of the darker colour, Hustle for some extra depth. I used a brown Stila pencil to tightline and under the lower lashline and the shimmering off-white colour from the Too Faced Romantic palette in the inner corners for some extra definition.

    ReplyDelete