Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Look: Halloween Is Coming #1





Okay confession time: I've never actually celebrated Halloween before. The last time I painted my face like a certain character or had a costume on was when I was a teenager going to an Anime convention (don't judge, it was awesome!). I've never even been to a costume party in my adult life! Not because I didn't want to, but because it just didn't happen.

I do think it's a very fun concept though, which is why I thought this month I'd give Halloween make-up a bit of attention so that when I do decide to attend a costume party, at least I know what the hell I want to be. I decided to just play around a bit and see what I could come up with as practice. I'm not sure I like it (for one, it's not scary at all and a bit sloppily done) but I still think it's a good concept for if I want to try something animalistic. It's also quite simple, so it's something anyone could do.








I tried to do a bit of contouring with the same blue colour that's on my eyes, but it kind of ended up looking like I slapped dirt on my face, haha! I do like the general eye look though, I think it's quite snazzy and I like the golden shimmers and the nose as well.


Hopefully, for the next Halloween look I'll have something more coherent together. This was still fun for practise though and that's why I wanted to show you guys. What are you going to be this year?

5 comments:

  1. I love everything that you do. Never stop posting please. Your blog has become an addiction of mine! Always looking forward to new posts. Love it, and love you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, I thought I read somewhere that blue doesn't work well on hazel eyes (I also have hazel eyes) and when I came across your work and saw you pairing the two together every now and then I was surprised with how AMAZING it looks. You have changed my eyeshadowing ways for forever!


    P.s. Would you ever do a post strictly on looks for green eyes? I would love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you so much! I am now blushing profusely behind my computer haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh blue does work well on hazel eyes because most hazel eyes have yellow tones in them, blue and yellow are complimentary colours and make eachother stronger! I will definitely make up a look for green eyes for you, but in all fairness I think people can rock most colours regardless of eye colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the two colours certainly do compliment one another! It's too bad I am only finding this out now! Hahaha. The more and more techniques I see makeup artists using the more confident I am to go out of my comfort zone. When I first started out with makeup, I was too scared to go out of the lines of my eye lid hahaha, now I know that there is so much more that you can do. Thank you darling!! I looked forward to the post :O:O:)

    ReplyDelete