Monday, 21 October 2013

Look: Golden Ombre




Is the ombre trend over yet? No? Good! Because I love the look that the subtle or not-so-subtle gradient gives. It seems to work on anything. Hair, clothes, even walls, so why not on my eyes?





I paired the subtle ombre eyeliner with a loud pink lipstick, and in retrospect I wish I hadn't. I think it would have looked nicer if I kept the focus on the eyes, but the warm/cold contrast is interesting nonetheless.







The eyeliner is deceptively simple looking, which might be the reason why I like it so much. I used two different eyeshadows and mixed them for the transitional colours, creating a gradient as I went. It was a bit iffy and a bit hard to do, but I really like the result so it was all worth it in the end.





I didn't wear any eyeshadow next to the lines, but I did use the highlighter that I applied on the high points of my face in the inner corners of my eyes as well. I love the brigthening effect that it gives. I finished the look off with the usual bit of blush on my cheeks and a sneaky bit of contouring as well. I kept the face make-up subtle though, since the lips and the eyes were already drawing so much attention.









4 comments:

  1. Ik vind je eyeliner echt supermooi! En inderdaad, misschien is het nog iets mooier met een andere/warmere lippenstift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dit is zo pretty :o en ik vind de lipstick er wel mooi bij.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dankjewel! De eyeliner is verrassend draagbaar, dus ik hoop dat ik nog genoeg kansen krijg om hem anders te combineren. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw dankjewel! :D

    ReplyDelete