Friday, 6 September 2013

TAG: Common White Girl




First of all, let's celebrate that I got tagged for the first time! Yaaay! The Common White Girl tag is a tag inspired by the hilarious Twitter account that goes by the same name. Why it's not just called 'Common Girl' is beyond me, but there we go.

When the enchanting Lotte from Lottelovesbeauty (go check out her blog, it's awesome!) tagged me I was most delighted, I enjoyed reading the tag when she did it so I hope you guys enjoy it as well! Let's start shall we?


Favourite Starbucks Drink:

Oh so it doesn't have to be coffee? Thank the make-up gods for that, I don't drink the stuff at all! As the cave dweller that I am I haven't been to Starbucks much, but the times I was there I did enjoy their hot chocolate very much, especially when they put vanilla in it. Hmmmm, so tasty!


How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?

Honestly? Ages! It's like I'm braindead in the mornings, most of my time is spent stumbling over my own feet trying to get dressed. When I do my make-up I usually space out a lot too, but I can still manage to be done with everything in about 45 minutes, which is quite the achievement for me given that I basically have to draw my brows on completely and stuff. This leaves no time for eating, and since I'm never hungry in the mornings I usually have my breakfast on the go. So bad, I know!







How many selfies do you take on a day?

Do selfies created for blog purposes count? If so, then the amount is humongous since I make a ridiculous number of pictures of myself every other day or so. If it's just for Instagram I probably take one once a week or so, I don't really keep count haha.


How many Instagram followers and photo's do you have? 

I have 72 photo's and 59 followers at the moment. If you would like to follow me on Instagram as well, my username is Hannypoppie. The same goes for Twitter!



Do you ever say things like OMG and LOL out loud? 

Oh heavens no! When something is funny to laugh out loud over, I actually laugh out loud! I must be terribly oldfashioned, but I tend to use whole words when speaking or even texting as well, so I never even type LOL or OMG, let alone say it.



Do you ever wear clothing items more than once?

Oh no, that is so last season. I - of course - wear items only once and then ritually burn them whilst doing the oogly boogly clothes dance so that I shall be blessed with fresh garnments each morning. I'd die of shame if someone caught me wearing the same items twice, or worse, *cue gasp of horror* twice in a row! /sarcasm



Are you racist?

Of course not! Racism is one of the most horrible things that still exists in this world and I think it's actually quite silly and woefully uneducated to judge each other based on the colour of our skin.


That question becomes even more silly if you see my family photos haha. We're like a frickin' United Colours Of Benetton add!  



Instagram, Twitter or Tumblr?

Definitely not Tumblr since the last time I've been one there has been at least a year ago, I think I'll go for Twitter since it allows for communication and pm's but also photo's, whereas Instagram is lovely but quite limited in that respect. I'm not a huge social media person though, I kind of keep to myself a bit.




 photo maevecostume_zps07334f2f.png
This one is just a sketch, but I thought it would be kinda cool to show work in progress too!



I actually started out drawing things and now I take the skills that  I learned to my make-up. Painting and applying make-up are actually very similar in theory, so it's been very helpful and interesting both ways. 




What do you do in your spare time? 

I have many hobbies. I write short stories (that I never show anyone), I draw things like the images above although I've been having a terrible dry spell with drawing lately. I hope the motivation comes back soon. I love to read, I really enjoy playing with make-up and blogging. I frequent forums like r/Makeupaddiction and Ellegirltalk.nl. I also read a lot of blogs and I've been enjoying playing co-op games with friends lately too!


Who are your favourite Youtubers?

I never miss a video of Nikkietutorials, she's fun and really skilled! I also enjoy watching Vintageortacky, boogie2988 and Livelifegorgeous.






How often do you do your nails?

That comes and goes really, for a period of time I did them every three days or so, just to put a new colour on my nails! For the last few months though I've left them bare save for a thin coat of nail hardener, which I re-apply every week or so.


Are you a shopaholic?

I'm not sure! I do enjoy shopping a lot, but I can also be very frugal and not spend a thing if money's tight. I love shopping for make-up or presents for other people, but I don't enjoy shopping for clothes that much. I have quite a difficult size - short but chubby -  and it makes trying on clothes quite the chore. I'm also not very fashionable at all! I'm afraid I have the fashion sense of a blind monkey.





How many times have you seen Mean Girls?

Mean Girls is just fantastic! I have seen it quite a few times, I think six or seven would be the right number. It's the kind of film you can watch over and over again, it's so funny and clever but also very easygoing.


Do you have a lot of clothes?

Compared to most girls I know? Not at all. I think it has to do with me not liking shopping for clothes that much. I only go when I have to and that's why I don't have a lot of stuff that I don't wear regularly. My man and I share one chest of drawers, so I think that says it all haha!


Do you ever make a picture of your food before you eat it?

That's the done thing right now isn't it? I'm afraid I'm not down with the kids like that, so it's a no for me. I might have done it once or twice to actually show others that I've eaten something interesting but I don't make a habit of it.






Do you wear make-up every day? 

Nope! I think I wear make-up every other day, usually for an upcoming article but I like to be make-up free as well. It also often happens that I go barefaced but still put on a bright lipstick. I don't really know why I do that, just that I feel like a diva when I wear lipstick! I don't mind going barefaced at all though, so when I don't have the time to do make-up or when it's just too hot and sweaty I'm happy going out without anything on my face.


How do you style your hair?

I wake up. I brush it. Done. Sometimes when I feel fancy I do a ponytail or bun or something, but that's really just to get all that hair out of the way. I did recently buy a curling wand though, so perhaps I'll get even more extravagant in the future!


Do you always look presentable? 

Oh how I wish! Nope, I tend to look quite scruffy and I'm also really messy and clumsy! When I eat, food gets everywhere. And I swear I'm eating like a lady! I don't know how I do it, but there's always chocolate sprinkles in my hair or butter on my chin or something stupid. Stains on my clothes from make-up, drinks, paint and food happen all the time, it's truly a miracle when I do look presentable!





Finally, all the questions have been answered! I'm guessing it's time I now go tag people myself so...

I tag everyone, you're it!




Do it so I can learn more about you too! Damn, there should be a tag about embarassing life stories. *Light bulb* 











6 comments:

  1. Je hebt er een volger bij op Instagram! En wat een mooie talenten heb je! Vooral die eerste van GoT heb je supermooi gedaan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. En je hebt er tevens een volger bij op Bloglovin'! Wat een leuk blog heb je! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waah wat leuk! Ik zal je terug volgen. En dankjewel :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah thanks, wat super tof! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leuke post! Ik was alleen benieuwd wat voor clip(?) je in je haar hebt in die instagram foto? (http://i.imgur.com/iqnMMdA.jpg) Heel subtiel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oeh die is van Asos! In het echt is het een beetje een goedkoop ogend plastic dingetje hoor. Hier is de link! http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Double-Stone-Hair-Brooches/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2712206&cid=4175&Rf1011=4320&sh=0&pge=4&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Crystal

    ReplyDelete