Saturday, 7 September 2013

Look: Autumn Leaves






I'm not usually very seasonally bound with my make-up. I know that lots of people prefer corals for summer, pastels for spring, burgundy and coppers for autumn and darker looks for winter but I usually don't really care about that and do whatever I want. This time I wanted to do a look inspired by autumn leaves, which I find incredibly beautiful when the sun hits them just right and they postively glow a beautiful burnt orange.








On the eyes I used a shimmering gold as a base, with a brick red in the outer corners and run under the eye and a shimmering orange to blend it in. I also used quite a bit of white golden glitter in the inner corners, to really open up the eyes and a little bit of burgundy in the lower lashline as well. As a finishing touch I made a winged eyeliner and also lined a little bit under my lower lashes so that my eyes look a bit bigger and brighter.



On the lips I wore a peachy lipcolour, blotted on for a sheer finish and on my cheeks I used a coral blush without any glitter. There was already a lot of shimmer in my eye look so I made sure the rest of my face was shimmer and glitter free.





I really personally like this look! It's surprisingly flattering and although the colours are quite bright, they don't feel too overpowering. It's actually a pretty good alternative to my usual everyday look, and I think I might be replicating it very often. What do you think?


8 comments:

  1. prachtig! staat ook erg mooi bij je haar. je wenkbrauwen zijn ook perfect trouwens :) <3 en ik hou me eigenlijk nooit aan tinten van het seizoen, ik vind pastel bleh bij mij staan XD go shimmery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! It's also really versatile, it would look stunning with a dark lip as well, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh yes! Like a dark berry or the gradient lip I did a few posts ago. Vampy goodness haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waah dankjewel! Haha ja pastel..ugh. Het staat me gewoon echt niet! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect day to night make up! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What hair color do you use? I Love it and have tried to get it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dye it with henna! Here's an article I wrote about it: http://hantasticbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/hair-tutorial-how-i-dye-my-hair-with.html?showComment=1407180695639#c775548709774724595

    ReplyDelete