Thursday, 8 August 2013

One Look, Two Prices: August Edition





Hello there and welcome to the second edition of One Look, Two Prices. Yep, I decided to make a monthly thing out of it! I think you know the drill by now but I'll explain the rules to this little game anyway.

This article is all about budget v.s high end. Admit it, we all assume that more expensive means better products, right? At least I do, I like to think that I'm getting my money's worth out of something. I couldn't help but wonder though if that theory was actually correct, and that's how this article was born!

I made two looks for you and I tried to make them as similar as possible. One of them is made with the cheapest options I have and the other one is made out of my most expensive make-up products.

I did use dupes for certain things because I had no other options, so I'll tell you right away. I used the same eyeliner, the same eyebrow brush, the same BB cream, the same eyebrow pencil and a greenish silver cream eyeshadow on the lids. All the other products are completely different, brushes included!




Ok, so you know one of them is more expensive. But which one is it? As you could see last time, the votes were pretty even but the cheaper look actually won! This time though I'd be delighted if you could tell me which one was more expensive and which one do you think looks the best. You can totally give your votes to the same picture or give one vote to each, I'm just curious to see the outcome.

Good luck!


10 comments:

  1. Ik vind dit zo'n leuk en origineel concept! c: Ik denk dat look 2 duurder is, maar ik vind look 1 qua kleuren en 'blending' mooier. Alhoewel ik de lippen van look 2 dan wel weer mooier vind dan van look 1. Mmmm.. ik ben benieuwd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ik denk dat de eerste de dure is. ik vind die ook het mooist ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sealed with a Swatch9 August 2013 at 21:26

    Version 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna be the one to say version 2... Maybe it's because your lips don't look as dry with that lipstick?
    By the way, I love this blog post idea! But maybe you could embed a little poll thingy instead of letting people vote in comments? I'm sure you'd receive a few more votes like that because people are lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that's a very good idea! I'm not very tech savvy, but I'll make sure to do that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need help, just come back at me again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw that's super kind, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik denk dat 1 duurder is. Vooral door de shimmers van de oogschaduw :) En de unieke kleur van de lipstick.

    ReplyDelete