Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Look: Alter Ego





If you've followed my blog for a bit, you know I love going a bit crazy with my make-up every once in a while. When my first Illamasqua order arrived (Review coming soon!) I couldn't help but play with the products immediately. Illamasqua always says that they make make-up for your alter ego, so I thought I'd inspire myself by their creations and go look for my very own alter ego! Apparantly, she likes pink and can't make up her mind so I made two eye looks and decided to go for an asymmetrical style.



Right Side






I actually didn't try to go for something too specific, it was more that I was inspired by Illamasqua's speckled eyeliner and kind of just went from there. I thought it would be interesting to create some kind of colourful gradient, so I went for funky coloured gradient brows and a gradient eyeshadow above my eye to give the look a bit more edge and shape. For the eyes I used a base eyeshadow and then tried to do my own speckled liner version but reversed, making a white line and speckling it out with black and white dots. I also popped on some false lashes, which don't look completely to my standards (because I'm hilariously bad at applying false lashes) but it was fun to try them out anyway.



Left Side












For the other side I chose to do a black liner with black and white dots just so that it would be kind of making the look go together but still be different from the other eye. I chose to reshape my brow and make it much longer and tapered out. Also glitter, because why not, ey? The falsies look a bit less horrible here, but if you pay attention you can still see how much I have to learn with them haha.

I also chose to do a white graphic shape under the eye to replicate the shape of the eyebrow. I'm not sure it worked, but it was good practise.

The speckles were a lot harder to do than I thought! I didn't really try to make the ones Illamasqua had in their ad but still, tricky business!






I used two lipsticks for the lips, a pink one and a matte purple to create a gradient effect. As if the look wasn't flashy enough already I also thought I needed to dust some golden eyeshadow in the middle to give it some extra sparkle. I used a warm toned coral blush and then I considered myself done!

I had a lot of fun doing this and didn't actually expect to like the outcome, but I do! It's kind of liberating to not worry about the wearabilty and just do whatever makes you feel good.


4 comments:

  1. damn gorgeous! vooral dat ombre effect bij je wenkbrauwen, erg mooi gedaan <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw I love it! De roze ombre wenkbrauwen en de gespikkelde eyeliner <3
    Bij de linkerkant met de zwarte liner lijkt het net een soort veren effect echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dankjewel! Haha die ombre wenkbrauwen vond ik ook heel leuk en stiekem wil ik ze ook nog combineren met een normale look, zien of dat ook leuk is. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je bent echt prachtig en wat een gave look!

    ReplyDelete