Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Look: Beach Party




With the current heatwaves steaming up Europe a treat, it's hard to not think about leisurely stretching your toes in the sand and enjoying a sunny day or a rosy night on the beach. Ignore the fact that there's no beach nearby at all where I live, and let's also never mind  that I actually vehemently hate sand and textures like it in general with a passion. I can so channel my inner beach bunny and feel fabulous whilst still being a total recluse in real life, right?

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to do a summery evening look. I think this will look especially awesome at beach parties or other outside gatherings since the blue and the copper tones are so reminiscent of those kinds of places.

As always, you can click on the images to see bigger versions. Hurray!






For the blue under the eye I used the turquoise Color Tattoo from Maybelline, which is a gorgeous shimmering shade that I really like but always found hard to combine. I decided to go for a warm/cold contrast so I could pull the cool toned turquoise off more easily and used another Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze as a base all over my lid. Then I used a copper and a shimmery orange from the Sleek Sunset palette in my outer corners and in the crease of the eye to create more warmth and depth. I thought it could use a bit more drama though, and so I softly swiped a black from the same Sunset palette just in the outer corners and blended it out.

I tightlined my lashes with a matte brown gel liner just so that my lashes would look a bit fuller and then popped my Benefit 'They're Real!' mascara on after curling my lashes.






Since it has been so warm these last few weeks here in the UK I decided agains wearing any BB-cream and used a daycream infused with lots of SPF to keep my face from burning. I do always need a bit of coverage, especially for my under eye area and so I just used a bit of Catrice concealer to sort that out. On the cheeks I just popped a bit of blush and I also did a sneaky bit of contouring to make it look like I have cheekbones and stuff. 



I just dabbed a bit of MAC Vegas Volt (which is a coral but looks strangely pink in this picture) on the lips for a sheer and blotted effect, since the eyes were already so strong I didn't want to make the lips too overpowering.




If I did have a fabulous outing on the beach that night, I would have totally rocked it with this look! Instead I enjoyed a day of work and games combined with me lounging around outside whenever I got the chance. Which left my body a bit tanned and my face still hilariously white. I'm sure that by the end of the summer it'll really look as if I'm wearing a mask, curse you Frysian genes!



2 comments:

  1. Erg mooie look weer! Ultieme beachlook indd en het turquoise matcht echt mooi met de bruintinten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh dankjewel! Haha ja het duurde even voordat ik wist of ik uberhaubt iets met die kleur kon maar gelukkig staat turquoise mooi met veel goud en andere warme tinten.

      Delete