Monday, 22 July 2013

Beauty experiment: One look, two prices.

Nope, this secretly isn't the same look in two pictures. One was made using much cheaper products!



I personally am a fan of both drugstore and higher ends. Not that I've had the chance to try many top shelf products, but even stuff like Too Faced, MAC, Benefit and Urban Decay isn't something everyone can buy without blinking their eyes. I certainly can't, I have to save up for the more pricey things and sometimes I wonder if they're even that much better than the drugstore alternatives.

So that's when this little experiment was born! What I wanted to do was to create an identical look, but on one of them I'd use higher end stuff, and on the other I'd use the cheapest options I had. I basically did the same look twice, but with different products. Brushes and other application devices also counted.

Doing this was a bit weird for me because I usually use a mix of everything whenever I'm making a look. I had to be really careful not to use certain things, so I sorted stuff into an expensive and less expensive pile before I got started.

My stash isn't very large, so for some things I did have to use a duplicate, the red eyeliner for instance is the same in both pictures. For the rest I did a pretty good job using different products!

As always, click on the images to see a bigger version.




And here is where it gets interesting, I'd like you guys to guess which one is the drugstore version and which one is the more expensive version! I wonder if you can tell. I didn't try to make one version better than the other, I tried really hard on both of them and since I used products I loved there was no playing favourites.

So, tell me what you think in the comments below and I'll let you know if you were right in Wednesday's article!


14 comments:

  1. Ik denk dat de linker de high-end versie is, vanwege het feit dat daar je wenkbrauwen meer kleurverloop hebben. Dacht dat ik iets gelezen had over dat je wat high end producten gebruikte om je wenkbrauwen zo natuurlijk mogelijk te maken. Ik kan het gewoon nalezen en dan weet ik het maar voor de lol ga ik dat niet doen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik denk dat de linkerkant de high end is. De oogschaduw lijkt me gewoon iets ja, verfijnder en beter blendbaar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een tof idee en mooi uitgevoerd! Ik denk ook dat de linkerfoto's de duurdere versie is. De ooglook links is echt prachtig en de dekking met name onder je ogen beter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nummer 1 is de meer luxe versie volgens mij omdat de foundation mooier denkt en egaler is en omdat de blush beter geblend is/lijkt (da's mijn ervaring met goedkopere blushes: blenden amper).

    ReplyDelete
  5. dammit I dont know. I think #2 might be the higher end stuff. Maybe. Possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik denk dat de linkerkant de high end versie is. Vind het totaal plaatje toch net iets mooier en natuurlijker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say #2, cause matte lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhmmm, ik weet echt niet haha. Ik denk toch twee! Zou me overigens niet verbazen als het gewoon één is haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat leuk dit. Ik dacht eerst rechts door de lippen, maar denk door het geheel toch links.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik denk dat links de high end is. Ik comment eigenlijk nooit, maar ik wou even zeggen dat je een ontzettend leuke blog hebt met hele orginele artikelen zoals deze. Kunnen de grote beautyblogs in NL nog wat van leren. Ga zo door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh wat een awesome compliment, dankjewel!

      Delete