Thursday, 13 June 2013

Review: Sleek lipstick in 'Vixen'






Sleek is one of those brands that always pleasantly surprises me, so one day I decided to just pick a lipstick and see what it was like. To then forget about it for the next few months. Why? I don't know! And I am so sorry. Siren, I have recently rediscovered you and I love you to bits. I deeply apologise for the neglect you so did not deserve. You're awesome, and here's why.




Sleek lipsticks come in quite tiny plastic tubes. It's almost cute how tiny it is, the lipstick is about the size of my thumb! I do like that they indicate the colour and the name on the bottom, because there are other brands who absolutely refuse to and leave the consumer in confusion, forcing you to open every damn tube until you've found the shade you're looking for. Yes Barry M, I am looking at you. There's still plenty of product in the Sleek lipsticks though, so you hopefully won't feel too cheated on.





The colour that reveals itself upon twisting the bullet is the most gorgeous, vibrant orange based red. I was used to Sleek's fantastic pigmentation in their blushes as well as eyeshadows, so I wondered if this lipstick would deliver in the same way.


With flash
Without flash

Vixen goes on super smooth and buttery, the colour is also extremely pigmented. The swatches above were made by just gently trailing the lipstick over my skin in one single stroke. As is often the case with pigmented lipcolours; Vixen tends to bleed so a lipliner is recommended to keep the lipstick in place.




Vixen applies very smoothly, leaving my lips feeling moisturised and very comfortable. After a while, I forgot that the lipstick was there! Which is really very good news for me, because I have dry lips and almost all lipsticks will dry them out even more. As you can see, the colour is prone to bleeding and also staining. 




Vixen wore comfortably for a pretty long time, up to about five or six hours. I wore this lipstick to dinner and it survived that pretty well, only needing a bit of touching up afterwards before it was all nice and presentable again. 



I can't believe I had forgotten about Vixen for so long! It's definitely the most flattering red lipstick I have in my collection, combined with the comfortable feel and longlevity of the product I'm really impressed. Sleek is available throughout the whole UK in stores such as Superdrug, but the Sleek website also ships internationally if you're interested in their products. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a gorgeous color on you! I really love Sleek too, and I am picking up this color on my next haul! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh tell me what you think when you get it! The colour is a little bit brighter though IRL, somehow it just looks a bit darker on me.

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful on you! I definitely need some Sleek lipsticks in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, indeed you do. :D Make sure you look at a lot of swatches though, I've just received a lipstick that I thought would be purple and jeez it's so dark that it's nearly black!

      Delete
  3. Is this red or orange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a red but it has orange undertones in it, which is why it can look a bit more on the orange side sometimes but on the lips it's a definite red.

      Delete