Thursday, 6 June 2013

Review: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl in Nude and Black





I have heard many good things about these little kohl pencils, for only about £4,- each they certainly were a steal and I couldn't wait to try them out! These kohl liners are supposed to be sweat, water and smudge proof which is very impressive. Certainly for kohl since that's more prone to smudging and is often the least longlasting product you could put on your eyes. Intrigued, I decided to go with the nude and the black version, both are always handy. I love using kohl liner to tightline my eyes for the illusion of fuller lashes and I've wanted a nude kohl liner to brighten up my waterline for a long time. Using white is good and all, but I longed for something more subtle.

As for looks, there's not much to them. The Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl's look like fairly regular old trusty kohl pencils which is fine. I don't expect anything spiffy from stuff like this. What is nice however is that they fit in a regular pencil sharpener. I can't stand it when pencils are an awkward size! It is however, almost impossible to get a nice thin point to them. I think this might be because the consistency of the kohl is so creamy.



In fact, when I swatched them on my hand I couldn't believe how creamy they are! The kohl pencils glide on incredibly smooth without pulling or tugging, you actually have to be extra gentle with this liner because it is quite easy to press too hard and waste product. I used a very light touch when I made this swatch and I can't believe how pigmented it is.





This is a picture of the same swatch, the only difference is that I made it before I went to sleep at about 11 PM. I'd had this on my arm for over twelve hours by then! Twelve hours in which I had ran around, done dishes, leaned my wrists on the table, hugged and kissed people, cooked and cleaned..All sorts of things. When I took a picture in the evening I was astounded by how vibrant the swatches still were. There's hardly any smudging and just a teeny bit of fading. Very impressive!




I thought the nude colour would be a bit too dark for me, since it showed up quite orange on my skin. This however, seemed to not be the case whatsoever! I think it gives a very nice brightening effect without being too obvious. I have noticed that the colours do fade a bit quicker on the waterline, they'll definitely need a touch up after a few hours or so. I do have to say that I have extremely watery eyes that tear very easily, so that could definitely be a factor as well.





Do I recommend the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl liners? Yes, absolutely. I have never before come across a drugstore kohl liner that is so creamy, so easy to apply and so longlasting. This is definitely a product you should consider next time you're in the market for a new eyepencil. You won't regret it!





4 comments:

  1. Awesome, I will have to take a look at them when I go shopping next. I do have a no-buy until August though... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no-buys are so tricky, sorry for tempting you! There's no harm in swatching them though, right? :P

      Delete
  2. I have the nude, and it's pretty neat. I might have to pick up the other colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the other colours yet, but the black is awesomely intense. Hopefully the others are too!

      Delete