Friday, 21 June 2013

My Shiro order arrived! First impressions




Whoo! I'm so excited! About a month ago I ordered a lot of loose pigment samples from Shiro Cosmetics, and it's finally arrived! This article won't be a review of them, but rather a first impression of my experience ordering with Shiro Cosmetics.


Shiro Cosmetics is an indie makeup company run by Caitlin and known for giving their products geeky names, their cruelty free policy and wonderful products. I ordered a lot of their pigments, but they also sell lip colours and even bronzers. Full sized pigments cost about 6 dollars, but I only bought samples that were a dollar each. Shipping is free in America if you buy over 35 dollars worth of stuff, but I payed about 6 dollars to have it shipped to the UK.





First of all, I can't describe Caitlin as anything but extremely costumer friendly. I got an email as soon as the package had shipped and when it arrived she had written a little thank you note and even added a few pieces of candy for me! Unfortunately I ate that straight away, so there's not any pictures of that. Sorry! It was a lovely touch though. The samples were packed in this charming little envelope, which in turn was packed in a padded jiffy bag to make sure all the goods arrived safe and sound.



In total I had ordered 18 samples of a dollar each, and when I opened my package I thought there were a few shades I definitely hadn't purchased. Upon checking my receipt I found out that Caitlin had sent me two extra samples. How kind! What's even better is that they fit perfectly with all the other warm shades that I bought, which I find very attentive. Thanks!






Another nice touch is that the ingredients are listed on each and every package, it even states whether the pigment is safe to use on the lips or not. All of Shiro Cosmetic's products are vegan and cruelty free, which definitely is a big plus for me. It's also really handy that the little pouch is resealable, which makes them a lot easier to store.




I didn't make any swatches for you, since I intend to press the eyeshadows and want to keep as much product as I can. I did want to try out the consistency a bit though, so I dabbed my finger in the 'A Bear's Meeting' which is a brown pigment. The substance was velvety soft to the touch, very finely milled and nicely pigmented.




This is the size of each sample package, they all contain about the amount of a 1/4 tablespoon. At first I thought they were super tiny! But then I realised that they were samples, duh. You're supposed to try them out to see if you like them. I've heard from several people that this is more than enough to make a pressed eyeshadow with though, so let's see if that works.


Verdict:

All in all, my first impression about Shiro Cosmetics is very positive! The products arrived on time, were kept safe from damage and I even got some extra goodies just because. Ingredients are listed on every single product and the pigments themselves are velvety soft and nicely pigmented. That everything I bought was vegan and cruelty free is the icing on the cake. Can't wait to press them and try them out properly.

If you are interested in buying anything from Shiro Cosmetics, check out their website here


4 comments:

  1. ik heb vorige week ook besteld!! ben ook zo benieuwd ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh laat me weten wanneer je het binnen hebt! Bij mij duurde het wel eventjes haha.

      Delete
  2. I ordered! Can't wait for all the beautiful colors! ^^

    ReplyDelete