Wednesday, 19 June 2013

FOTD: Vamp frickin' tastic




What started as a simple cut crease practise somehow turned into a 'Let's turn ourselves into a badass vamp!' party. This seems to happen often whenever I want to go for something easy or just try something out, somehow it always becomes a tad dramatic. There's something about the cut crease eye look that makes me think of vampires and Disney villains. It's just such a graphic style which lends itself to creating characters so well.


To be honest, creating a cut crease is a bit of a pain in the bum for me. I don't feel like I'm actually good at it yet. Maybe the dark part needs to be a bit higher so it actually looks like I have some eyelid space left. I also need to be more careful with the eyeliner, it needs to be very thin or else my whole eyelid disappears. In my opinion, this looks ok but with a bit of practise I could hopefully do a lot better.




I do however, like the overall look. I added a bit of a rusty colour on the bottom lashline and in the outer parts of the eye to give some warmth to the look. The rest was all done in black and white, and with my warm undertones I felt like I needed something warm coloured to give it a bit more life. I paired it with one of my favourite lipsticks; Kate Rimmel Matte in 07. A deep berry red which made the whole look instantly vampy.




3 comments:

  1. Aww girl, je lijkt echt op een elf fantasy fair elfje <3 zo mooi <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha een elfje *bloost*. Thanks joh!

      Delete
  2. Wat een popje! Je haarkleur is echt heel mooi. Btw, als het bij mij een tad too dramatic wordt, dan lijk ik per direct een fucking clown xD

    ReplyDelete