Tuesday, 11 June 2013

FOTD: 'No Makeup'

Source: Alexandradal



I do so love to do a full face of makeup and feel like a badass, but sometimes I like to go more natural as well. Other times, you might be restricted from openly wearing makeup. This happens in some schools throughout the world, or maybe your parents are against it or something like that. Now I don't know about you, but when someone tells me not to do something it only makes me want to do it even more! As you could read before, I have nothing against going barefaced. It's just the principle that someone tells you what to look like that makes my  hair stand up and  makes me want to go against it, even if it's in a super subtle way. 

Of course, there are other reasons to look more natural. I think it's a very pretty look indeed, it enhances all of the features subtly and it takes less time than a full face. The following 'no makeup' look could therefore also be seen as a minimalistic five minute look for when you're in a hurry but still want to look fresh and awake. 


 Face:



I kept the coverage on my face very minimal, only using concealer under the eyes and around the nose to cover up dark circles and redness. Allowing some of my blemishes to shine through helps making it look more natural. You can of course go for a tinted moisturiser or BB-cream instead, just make sure it doesn't look cakey. I used a little bit of blush on the apples of my cheeks and blended it out so that it looked like a natural flush without any harsh edges. 


Eyes: 



For the eyes I used my Scandaleyes Kohl Pencil in Nude on the waterline to make my eyes look brighter and more awake. I tightlined my upper lashline - tightlining is a technique where you put the liner between the roots of the lashes to make them appear fuller and darker - and swiped a beige coloured eyeshadow in the outer corners and the crease. I did my eyebrows as I usually do with a mixture of pencil and eyeshadow and finally put a coat of brown mascara on my lashes. The reason I chose brown is because it looks less harsh and more natural. Keep in mind that we're trying to make the makeup look fairly undedactable here, subtlety is key!



Lips:


I apologise for the rogue hairs in the screen, sometimes my beard has a mind of its own!
I kept the lips very subtle with a 'my lips but better' lipcolour. MAC Patisserie is great for this, especially since it looks exactly the same as my lips but makes the dry bits invisible. You could also go for a clear gloss or balm to keep your lips supple and moisturised. 




And that's it, all done! Congratulations, you have just cheated everyone into thinking you look like a naturally healthy person ready for the day! We're like ninja's we are. 



7 comments:

  1. Haha leuk die eerste foto! Ik hou van no make-up looks, die van jou is ook heel mooi en naturel! Love your hair btw <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah dankjewel! Haha ja ik moest zo lachen om dat plaatje, er zijn heel veel grappige dingetjes van. Meestal zeggen kerels zulke dingen, ze hebben geen idee ghehe. :p

      Delete
  2. I love full face makeup! Vind mezelf dan een stuk aantrekkelijker haha. Het is bij mij vaak of full face of compleet bare face. Jaaaa, ik ben van de uitersten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ik ook! Vaak dan begin ik te makeuppen en vertel ik mezelf 'jaa dit keer ga ik voor een neutrale look' en dan wordt het een dikke eyeliner met rode lippenstift ofzo haha.

      Delete
  3. ik gebruik zelf behoorlijk veel make-up. Ik probeer mijn ogen wel een beetje naturel te houden, maar ik moet echt foundation en concealer op hebben voor ik de deur uit ga!
    P.s ik vind je haar echt super mooi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zelfs op dagen waarop ik minimale makeup gebruik wil ik altijd concealer op, gek hoe veel dat meteen kan helpen he. En voor mij mijn wenkbrauwen natuurlijk! Ik ben altijd zo jaloers op mensen die van nature volle wenkbrauwen hebben haha. Als ik ze niet inteken lijkt het meteen zo kaal.

      Delete
    2. klopt haha, zelf heb ik hele volle wenkbrauwen, maar dat is ook niet altijd handig hoor! Ze zitten altijd super woest dus moet ik altijd een gel gebruiken om de haartjes op hun plaats te houden.

      Delete