Sunday, 30 June 2013

FOTD: Fabulous Fuschia




Do you also have certain colours that remind you of a friend? It happened to me a while ago, I saw this gorgeous fuschia shade and immediately thought of my dear friend Suzan. It's not just that I know she'd love the shade, but that for me the colour fuschia is synonymous to her and even looking at it makes me smile at the memories. It's lovely to have reminders of your friends and loved ones surround you like that, especially since I'm so far away from most of them.

Anyway, when I saw this gorgeous lipstick colour I immediately smiled and just had to take it with me. It looked a bit scary in the tube, but transformed into a very flattering fuschia on the lips. I'm in love! And I simply just had to make a look to go with it.


Eyes









I wanted my eyes not to stand out too much and keep it subtle, but I did want a nice warm colour on the lids. I used a shimmery champagne as a base, and my treasured Sleek Rose Gold blush from the middle to the outer corners. What I forgot to include was the matte brown I used in the outer corners and the white pencil I used on the lower waterline, sorry about that. I lined my eyes with my Catrice Longlasting Eye Pencil in purple and used my Benefit's 'They're Real!' mascara to finish it off. My eyebrows got the same treatment as usual. I didn't feel like wearing a foundation or BB-cream, so I just patted a bit of concealer on my blemishes and left it at that.


Cheeks




I contoured my cheek area with my Sleek Contour Kit in 'Fair' and used my beloved LOOK Blush in 'Flush' as a blusher. I also used Mememe's highlighter in Pearl Pink on my cheekbones and nose for a healthy glow.


Lips:






On my lips I used my new Revlon lipstick in Wild Orchid, which to be honest didn't convince me at first. The colour looked pretty frosty and garish, but when I swatched it on my hand I was pleasantly surprised.




And this is the whole look! I love wearing bright colours on my lips, especially in the summer. Which lipsticks are your summer favourites? 


4 comments:

  1. Wauw super mooi!
    zal ik ook eens proberen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour on the lips! If you like They're Real try MAC's Zoom Fast Lash, it's way better! I thought They're Real was terribly over-rated! Also your hair colour is super lovely!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks, next time I go to MAC I'll make sure I take a look at it! Mascara usually doesn't do much for me, so I was already happily surprised by 'They're Real!' haha.

      Delete