Monday, 27 May 2013

FOTD: A look inspired by Pinterest #1




This purple look that I had seen floating around on Pinterest was just asking to be tried out for myself. Good thing the original poster Keiko Lynn made a tutorial about it on her website and that's where I found out that her eye makeup was in turn inspired by the following look Vogue did on Adele.




Basically, everything was purple. Purple eyeliner, purple mascara, purple everything. Fabulous, especially for my hazel eyes. Purple brings out the green and golden undertones in hazel eyes, and makes them stand out more. Now, I didn't have the same exact shades or products, so I had to improvise a little bit and make an inspired look instead of a carbon copy. This is what I ended up with:








Because I don't have Adele's gorgeous eyelid space to work with, I had to cheat a little and go outwards a bit more with the eyeshadow. I also didn't own any purple mascara, so I used my violet eyeliner over my usual mascara instead. I combined the look with a muted lip -my beloved Essence Stay Matt Cream in Velvet Rose- and a nice flush on the cheeks. My look is definitely less smokey with the eyeliner, since I used a completely different one but I kind of like the bold statement it gives. It does really bring out the green in my eyes, although next time I try such a look I think I'll do a sneaky bit of tightlining with black just so my lashes look a little bit fuller. 

I primed my eyes with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, and then proceeded to swirl a champagne colour all over the lid. For the purple tones I used a dark purple from Too Faced Romantic Eye palette, a few different ones from the NYC palette and an off white colour from the Too Faced Natural Eye palette on my browbone and in the inner corners. I blended it all with my Real Techniques blending brush -gosh I love that thing- and then I used an H&M eyeliner that I found in the sale section on my eyelid and under the waterline, where I smudged it out with a dark purple eyeshadow. I tried to make the line as tiny as possible, since I don't have a lot of lid space and I didn't want the eyeliner to hide my eyeshadow blending efforts.

All in all, I really like the end result even though it ended up not looking a lot like the original. The combination of a very cool based purple against warmer tones gives an edge to the look that I kinda dig. What do you think? And do you sometimes try to copy looks from Pinterest as well? Share your favourites with me please! I am forever looking for more inspiration.









1 comment:

  1. Mooie look! Ik krijg gelijk zin om zelf aan de slag te gaan met paarse oogschaduw haha :)

    ReplyDelete